Digital Storytelling is "the practice of combining narrative with digital content, including images, sound, and video, to create a short movie, typically with a strong emotional component," (EDUCAUSE, January, 2007).
A great first resource is the Shrock Guide to Digital Storytelling.
Resources for Digital Storytelling:
- 7 things you should know about Digital Storytelling - EDUCAUSE
- Creating Digital Stories - University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Digital Composition, Storytelling & Multimodal Literacy - Stony Brook University
- Digital Stories - University of Maryland
- Digital Story Cookbook - Joe Lambert, University of Kentucky
- Digital Storytelling - Georgetown University
- Digital Storytelling - University of Hiouston
- Digital Storytelling Lab - Columbia University, School of the Arts
- Get Started With Digital Storytelling - Creative Educator
- Story Boarding - UC Berkley
- Story Center
- The Digital Story