Socrative is a student engagement app that allows instructors to connect inside or outside of the classroom. Via a series of educational exercises and games, instructors can efficiently review, assess & educate students via smartphones, laptops, and tablets. Teachers login through their device and select an activity which controls the flow of questions and games. Students login with their device & interact real time with the content. Student responses are visually represented for multiple choice, true/false & short answer questions. Other options include the space race & exit ticket. Instructors can then use auto-populated results to determine the best instructional approach to most effectively drive learning.
For pre-planned activities a teacher can view reports online as a google spreadsheet or as an emailed Excel file.
- Click Get a free Account at the bottom right of the panel
- Enter name, email, location and agree to terms
- Click Manage quizzes which gives you 4 options
- Create Quiz allows you to create an online quiz with short answer, multiple choice, or true/false answers
- Import Quiz allows you to either import a digital document as a quiz or import a quiz from another teacher with a Socrative account
- My Quizzes holds all the quizzes you currently have
- Reports shows results of all activities under your control
- Click Dashboard will give you 4 options
- Start a Quiz starts any quiz in your quiz library
- Quick Question allows the teacher to make a quick in class poll. You must display or give the questions to your class directly, but it allows them to answer immediately online and for the teacher to record the data.
- Space Race is best utilized when you divide your class into teams & choose one of your quizzes to take then have them race in real time while the results are displayed.
- Exit Ticket is a quick end of class quiz that gauges how the students are doing in relation to the material.
It is an effective practice to pre-test any of the activities you plan to ensure they work the way you hoped before having the students use them in or out of class.
- Enter Room Key
- Enter individual or team name
- Complete learning task